Sunday, December 5, 2010

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

The worst of times came right at the start of the week.  It was Sunday morning when I opened up ESPN and saw that BYU had lost to Utah, by a point, after a blocked field goal.  I was devastated.  I am happy that I didn’t have to be around for this season.  I am happy that BYU’s end was better than its start, but still.

On Sunday I was able to finish the submission of my grad apps.  It feels really good to get that off my list of things to do.  Now we will just have to wait and see who is silly enough to accept me :)

 

Monday was a long day of classes like always.  At 4PM instead of the class we normally had there was a ceremony for the flagships students by the compassionate charity organization for Nanjing.  They gave us badges making us official members, and then we all headed to an old-folks home for a photo-op.  Even though it was just for a photo-op I was still able to talk to one of the old ladies.  She was really cute and funny.  I could only understand about half of what she said, but I was happy that I could be there for at least a little, and bring a little joy to her life that day.

 

On Tuesday I had my writing teacher say that she though I was one of the students that had progressed the most.  I was happy to hear this from her, as I felt that I have been making progress.  It is always good to get some confirmation.

At night I had the FHE/Home teaching hybrid my branch is currently doing.  It was good to get together with everybody for a little.  I had an “interesting” conversation about China at the end, but other than that it was great.

 

On Wednesday we had English again.  We did some more rapping, and then played Simon says.  These may not be the most productive activities, but at least they keep the kids attention.  I also sent in my ecclesiastical endorsement and transcript order form, which tied up the last two ends for my grad school apps.

 

Thursday and Friday I spent mostly just reading.  I finished up about three different books during this time.  I really need to watch my reading addiction.  It is still much too easy for me to indulge in.  Much more dangerous than any video game addiction.  Other than reading I didn’t do much accept eat some good Xinjiang food, and a good pizza.

 

Saturday was the best of times part of the week.  In the morning not much happened, but at night I was able to go to a production of “Jiangsu has got foreign talent”.  It was a great show.  First we had Trevor dressed to kill, with a fan club of dancers behind him, singing a traditional Chinese song.  Second some of my friends in a band called LCD played.  They performed really well, they even had there wives come on stage and dance with them.  It was awesome!

I really enjoyed it all, and it was fun to pretend to be the over hyped fan.  It was also just good to spend the night with everyone.  One of my best memories from China.

 

So overall the week was pretty simple.  Sorry that I wrote so little, but I am feeling a little extra tired today after spending quite a few hours uploading pictures and movies to Facebook and YouTube.  If you want to see a bunch of pictures from China check out the pictures I uploaded on Facebook.  You can also see all the videos that I have linked.

 

Well, that is all I am going to write tonight.  I was going to write my ponderings of the week, but that will have to wait till tomorrow.  The ponderings are called “To return home, or not to return, that is the question.”  So anyone that wants to input on that subject stay tuned for tomorrows update.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy you are having such a good time in China. Im excited to see where you go to graduator school. :) So quick a question....what do you want for Christmas? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete