Sunday, June 19, 2011

FLSR life rocks!

Apparently I have become rather bad a posting every week.  Maybe that is good, since there is less long windedness for everyone else to listen to Smile  Regardless, two weeks has gone by super quickly.  It seems like everyday is as long as can be, but the weeks as a whole take forever to be over.  It is strange.

 

We had a bonfire for FHE, and that as a lot of fun.  I love the smell of campfire.  Smores are always fun as well.  It was also fun because I got to hang out more with the French house, something that doesn’t happen too often.  They are a really cool set of girls, and so it is fun to get to know them better.

Tuesday was the start of our weekly ultimate Frisbee games.  It is a lot of fun to get a bunch of people together and just enjoy the exercise.  The teams are generally pretty even match, though there are a couple players who truly stand out.

On Friday I had a really fun date with one of the girls from my ward.  We went up to the park above the state mental hospital.  Up there we roasted shish kabobs and played croquet.  My date actually one with some very masterful club work.  It was pretty awesome.

After that we played some Frisbee golf.  We did end up going to two different parks so that we could play some more, but it was still a lot of fun.  LauraLee is actually pretty good at getting the Frisbee in the basket.

After that I came home and joined the French house who was having a dance party.  It was a lot of fun to get up and move.  It was a silly Wii game, but it was still a lot of fun.  We danced forever, and then when the last people were leaving we left and started having a conversation on dating.

The dating conversation lasted about an hour and a half.  What came out of it was that everyone should be less couched in what they do, and that secretly none of us thought that the other side would.  So dating as normal in Provo Smile

Saturday was another really great day.  I had another date with another girl in the ward.  This time we went and had a picnic lunch.  We followed that up with a game of Frisbee golf, followed by some Nertz.  It was a lot of fun.

After the date I went off to the stake activity.  It was also a lot of fun, we played volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, ate catered JDogs, and watched comedy sports.  Yeah, it rocked as much as it sounds Smile

After that event I got a text from Naomi that night, and so I spent the night with her hearing about her adventures with Bruno Mars.  I feel really lucky to have friends as wonderful as Naomi.

 

So as you can all see a week ago was pretty busy.  Luckily it was pretty busy just having fun.  The Lord has really blessed me by allowing me to be in such an awesome ward with such wonderful people this summer.

 

Well last Sunday was also really busy.  I got set apart as the Elder’s Quorum president.  Lets hope I just don’t manage to burn down the church Winking smile  I did have to wait till this Sunday to get my councilors called, but luckily there wasn’t much to do that first week.

That Sunday night after ward prayer we played Nertz, and it was a fun time.  I think I won every round but one.  For me that is incredibly successful, so I felt just wonderful.  It is so wonderful to be able to spend time like this with other people.

On Monday we had another wonderful FHE.  We went to the Bishop’s house, and there roasted hot dogs, marshmallows, and swam in his pool.  Did I not mention that I have an awesome ward Smile

A had a couple little adventures Tuesday-Thursday.  The one that was the most fun was going to the creamery with a bunch of people in the FLSR to celebrate the end of finals.  We had a fun time together, and even played translation telephone as well.  It is like the standard telephone game, except that at each person the language changes as well.

Friday continued the fun.  We invited everyone over to watch “The Next Three Days”.  There were not that many people that were able to come, but luckily we were able to get a bunch of the new people this term.  And let me tell you, the new people in our ward are pretty awesome.  I am really excited to get to know them more.

I found out one the girls, Rebecca, had never watched “Stardust”, so we decided the next day that we would watch it.  So on Saturday we got people together and watched the movie.  Everybody really loved it.  After that we just all talked for a while, and it is so great knowing these people.

 

So yea, a pretty busy but awesome week.  One more thing, Sean has decided to start teaching me Russian, so maybe in a few weeks I will be able to say some broken Russian phrases!  Oh how I love the FLSR.

I hope that you are all also rocking it wherever you are.  Thanks for reading my blog you all, I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment