Sunday, September 2, 2012

On the Plane

I am actually writing this post from thousands of feet up in the air. I am lucky, and my plane has a power outlet, so I can use all the time sitting to take care of a bunch of writing tasks that I needed to accomplish. Go me!

 

This week has been the first full week with Emily being in China. She was actually in Guilin. That is probably the most beautiful part of China. When she talks about it to me it reminds me of all the good times I had there. She is really enjoying it.

On the home front I have continued to use MyFitnessPal to track my eating and my workout. It is going well. Some fun things did happen though. On Friday my 3 mile run turned into a five and half mile run when I got lost. That was made even worse by the fact that it was after dark and I didn’t know the area at all. It was a bit scary, but oh well.

Another fun story was on Thursday. I had started the day in church clothes since I was going to the temple. I also brought workout clothes to take the gym. When I get to the gym and change into them I realize that I didn’t bring my running shoes. Well, obviously running in my church shoes wasn’t going to happen, so what was a boy to do? Solution! I could ride an exercise bike without shoes! So I wore my shoes up to the bike, took them off, and biked. It actually worked out fine, but I sure did look funny Smile with tongue out

Other than that, nothing too crazy has happened. This morning I got on the plane to Amsterdam. I won’t have time to do much exploring of the city, but whatever I do get to do, I am sure that I will tell you all about it!

In the meantime I am on the plane and enjoying the entertainment. I have already watched Men In Black III, The Avengers, and now I am watching The Vow. It has been fun. I feel guilty watching this much TV, but I guess there isn’t much choice when you are stuck in a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment