Sunday, May 24, 2009

Life as Normal

Well life has pretty much settle down to normal. I am out of the first few weeks jitters. No more crazy movie parties for the entire office either :( Though my Admin did bring in a popcorn machine one day and we all stopped work to eat some popcorn and converse.

Work is progressing well on my project. I would tell you all about it, but I think that would cause you to pass out from boredom. Suffice it to say that I am doing very well, and that my boss is very impressed with my work.

One of the coolest thing that will happen is that in three weeks I will be moving and getting my own office. I was so surprised, but it will be really nice. My new office won't have a window, but it is the same size as the large room in the colony. The best part is I get it all to myself. Two whole whiteboards, I am in heaven :)

About the coolest thing that I did this week was install Windows 7 and Office 2010. Windows 7 RC is really stable, I think you will all love that OS when you get the chance to start using it. It blows vista and XP out of the water. It is so fast and easy to use. Office 2010 is even cooler, but unfortunately I can't tell you anything about it. Let me just say we are going to give google and open office a run for their money. It is a lot of fun working on the office team and getting to use our own products during development, it really gets you excited.

Well that is all from me. I will have some more exciting things to write about this next week. Tomorrow will probably be me moonlighting for CLS, but on Saturday there is a huge YSA activity that should rock. I wish you all of fabulous memorial day. Think of me while you enjoy your BBQ ;)

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment