Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Amazing Race

Well, life is going great in Seattle. The weather has been absolutely wonderful this last week, nearly no rain and just gorgeous sun. The only sad things is that I have not been able to get out and play tennis as much as I would want.

I am fully adjusted to working at Microsoft. All the meetings were hard to get used to at first, but now I am understanding what is being talked about. I really enjoy it here. All that talk about Microsoft burn and church doesn't seem to be true. I work about 7.5 - 8 hours a day, an hour of which is taken up with lunch, and my boss doesn't mind at all. My projects are also going well. I am ahead of schedule by about 5 weeks ahead of schedule. Hopefully that will give me the breathing room I needed to make sure that the last part of my project is executed already.

One cool thing for me has been the interest my project gets. I have already had two different feature teams express interest in seeing a demo. I am working with one of them to help them incorporate what I have done into their work. It is great.

As for fun stuff, this week was the Seattle YSA's Amazing Race. Basically for those that haven't seen the show, we go to several locations and have tasks to complete. It was a lot of fun. My team didn't have anybody local so we were really slow getting to the different locations. We came in dead last in our group, and ahead of only three of the other fifteen teams. Oh well, at least it was a blast. I got to see quite a few different locations around Seattle and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Driving is crazy in Washington, so luckily it wasn't me that was driving.

Well, I hope everything is going great for everyone. I wish the best summer to all of you.

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment