Sunday, July 12, 2009

Winding Down

It is crazy to think that I only have two more weeks at work. Time has gone by so fast. It is too bad that I don't already have my PhD, or I would start working at MS immediately. I have really enjoyed the work here. I had my final code review this week. Everyone thinks that my coding style is really well done. I now just have to come up with a mock interface for it before my demo. Unfortunately I will not be able to finish the real interface, so what I come up with will just have to do. I hope that my replacement will be able to finish that. I get to start training my replacement next week, so I am excited to meet him when he comes on Monday.

So, as you can all tell work is going really great. This has to be the best job that I have ever had, hands down. I really love all aspects of working for Microsoft. Besides just work Microsoft has a lot of great events. This week we had a puzzle day competition. What it is, was that for the entire day on Saturday, me and a team of 9 others got together and solved themed puzzles all day. The solutions to these puzzles led to the solution of two main puzzles, and based on how you did, you got different places. Though my team only took 11th place it was still really fun. Next year I am sure we will do better. I will know how it works, and can focus on winning.

Overall I can say, I can't wait to come back here next summer. I hope my manager can work it out so that I will be on the same team. If not, I am sure I will love wherever I am placed.

1 comment:

  1. It really thrills me to see how much fun you are having and what an asset you are to Microsoft. Do they have an operation in China?

    ReplyDelete