Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blogless weeks

It seems as if these last couple of week shave been without blogs for nearly everyone.  I haven’t written and neither have any of the people that I follow.  It has been kind of strange like that.  Anyways, since it has been so long I will try to only hit the highlights of what has been happening.

 

One of the more fun things I have been able to do is play more tennis with people.  I have gotten my cousin Ryan to play with me, and even though he is a lot better than me, it is still fun.  It also gives me someone to chase after Smile  I have also been playing with another friend from the FLSR who is just learning to play.  That has also been a lot of fun, especially since it allows me to just work on fundamentals.

 

Probably the craziest thing that happened was last week Tuesday and Wednesday.  Me and three other people competed in a security capture the flag.  It was attended by students from across the country, and involved data forensics and other techniques often associated with hacking to capture information for points.  Our team ended up winning by a pretty good margin, which felt absolutely amazing.

One of the cool things with that is that they are now paying for us to attend DefCon in Las Vegas next week.  The school is even pitching in to take care of incidental expenses.  This is great, it will be my first time attending a conference not hosted by the organization I am either working at or attending school at.  I am really excited about this.

Last weekend I also was lucky enough to have my dad come down for the afternoon.  I prepared a little picnic lunch, and we ate over at Rock Canyon Park.  It was good to be able to spend that little bit of time with him.

This last week I also finished the project that has been the main focus of the lab this whole semester.  I was able to finish fixing up the last peace, and finally everything finished coming together.  Now we can focus on writing papers, which will be very helpful for getting into better programs in another two years.  I am excited for that.

Saturday was the first time I have ever seen a movie in 3D.  I went with a friend to the movies, and since the movie we wanted to see was sold out we saw Thor in 3D instead.  It wasn’t as amazing as I had heard it made out, but it was still a lot of fun.   If we could just ditch the glasses, I think I would like it even more.  It was a fun movie, so that was good.

 

And that is the cool things that I have done recently.  A lot of little things I didn’t write about also happened, but that is just me and my busy life.  Next week I will try to write about how DefCon went.  Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment