Sunday, September 11, 2011

How can I be so busy…

I thought being a graduate student would mean that I just had oodles of time.  It probably would mean that except that I have decided to start learning Russian.  Not only did I pick a hard language, I picked one that I have absolutely no experience with.  That means I have a about 15 less hours a week of time because of the language.  It is hard to keep doing it, but I do enjoy it, and I plan to stick with it.  As long as I can get my other work done that is.

 

So, I must say getting home teaching setup is killer.  I spent about seven hours on Sunday getting everything setup, printed, and handed out.  It may have taken forever, but it is most certainly worth it, as now everyone knows who their home teacher is.  It is good, and I am glad that it can all be done, and not linger on any longer.

 

So interesting things this week… Well I did setup a mini computer lab inside of my lab, for use by the penetration testing students that would come.  I also got the chance to start playing on an intramural team.  This is my first time being on such a team.  I think that it will turn out to be a lot of fun, so I am actually pretty excited to be able to participate.  We did lose our first game, but I think we have real potential.

The sad thing of the week was BYU losing.  It was fun at first since I was with friends, and while not looking too amazing, BYU was still doing well enough.  Unfortunately in the second half Texas was really able to take advantage of the wholes in our team.  I was so sad that we lost, but that is how the cookie crumbles.

 

As for me, I am currently running around like crazy trying to get ready for the Conference I am attending in Orlando next week.  I need to talk to my teachers and figure out what to do with my homework during that time.  Hopefully it all works out without killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment