Sunday, September 4, 2011

Start of school

Sorry I didn’t write again, it just seems like life has been taking me for a run lately.  Monday and Tuesday of two weeks ago was spent finishing up the paper our lab was writing.  It is really hard writing papers for publication.  It is crazy for me to think that we put in so much work, and it most likely will still get rejected.  I have enjoyed writing though, and I do feel that we ended with a good paper.

After finishing the paper I started reading like crazy.  I finished three books in just two days.  Mostly I have been reading Brandon Sanderson’s stuff.  I must admit that I am really impressed with him.  He is a really good writer.  I have enjoyed reading all of his stuff.

On Wednesday I was able to move back into the FLSR.  It is good to be back at home.  I am excited for the coming semester.  Things have started off a little rocky though.  Our RF thought that dinner need to be two hours.  It was a little much.  It took us the whole week before we were able to get the matter cleared up.  Now it is taken care of, and I am sure things will be fine.

During that time though I have started to take Russian class.  I have really enjoyed it, and I am trying to see if I couldn’t move into the Russian house.  It would be crazy hard at first, but in the end it would really pay off.  I will have to email the language coordinator and see what they say.

 

The craziest time was this weekend.  On Friday was my grandma’s birthday.  It was great to see her, and wish her happy eightieth.  She is doing well.  I was also glad that I could see my family.  Saturday was Kashe’s sealing to my sister.  I was glad that I could be in the temple for this sealing.  I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my family, and the binding it brings to families.

After the sealing I went to Crystal’s hose for the game.  It was fun to watch it with family, but the game was so stressful.  I am glad that in the end BYU won, but they had me really worried for a while. 

Sunday was the blessing, and that was wonderful.  Bart had to talk really loud since the mic wasn’t working, but it was a good blessing.  I then helped take care of Kashe for the rest of the meeting.  I must say Crystal is amazing to keep both of her rascals happy through all of church.  After that I came home and taught Elder’s quorum.  They are an awesome group of men, and I am excited for the semester with them.

 

So that is how things have been with me.  Busy with school mainly, but still enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment