Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine’s Day

It was really hard to decide what I should do for Valentine's day. I am not really good at these kind of things. My cousin Jason is a pro at thinking up creative ideas, but that is not me. Moping aside, her is what we did:

I woke up extra early so that I could go and write all over Emily’s car. It was actually really hard to do, since there was snow all over her car. So I had to take a towel and wipe off, and attempt to dry off the various window surfaces. It took a while and didn’t work out that great. I then wrote several notes on her car, making reference to things that have happened or we have said to each other in the past. I thought it was pretty cute, and so did she. Unfortunately it rained later that day and a bunch of it washed off :(

Since we had to eat dinner at the FLSR together we didn’t go anywhere for that. Instead after dinner we went to The Chocolate. It is a restaurant that specializes in desert. Emily told me she wanted to go there sometime when we first started dating, and so we headed up there. It was really fun, and the desert was good. I don’t remember the name of what we got, but it was essentially a half cooked giant cookie with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It was really delicious.

After that we came home and I gave her some flowers that I had bought for her. Luckily roses are one of her favorite flowers, and so it was good I went with the traditional valentines flower. I then got out a bottle of sparkling cider and we drank that while we watched Stardust together. It was really fun. Emily gets really into movies that we watch, and she really enjoyed it.

And that was what we did for valentine’s day. Oh yea! Emily also made me an enormous amount of fudge. It is really good. She made so much that even though I have been forging myself on it, I still have a bunch now. She really is incredible!

 

The day after valentines I also woke up early. If you remember most of what I had written had worn off of her car, and so I decided to write some more. It was a great surprise for Emily. Unfortunately that night it rained again and off it came once more :(

Wednesday night was also fun because we went to a graduate student society dinner and lecture. The lecture was a great lecture about numbers and how they are used to represent various things in our lives. Me and Emily really enjoyed it, and it was a fun way to spend the evening before getting back to Homework.


On Friday we had a fun date to Extreme Air Sports. It is this place in Provo where they have trampolines, rock climbing walls, foam pits, etc… It was a lot of fun. We went with Taylor, Ben, Serena, and Regan (Taylor’s date). It was a lot of fun. Everyone that is in Provo should go there at least once. Afterwards we went to Chili’s for dinner, and it was a lot of fun.

Saturday was just a day of homework. We did have some little adventures, but I won’t write them her. We worked really hard on Saturday so that we could enjoy fully our day on Monday (vacation), which you will hear about next week.

And that pretty much wraps up this entry. It was fun seeing what some of my friends and family did for Valentine’s day. My favorite had to be Alysha making Jason bacon roses. Coolest thing ever!

Hopefully everyone had as great a week, and I wish ya’all a great week this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment