Sunday, June 3, 2012

Holidays and Weddings

This week has been a really good week. I was able to plan a visit out to Portland and Gig Harbor to see my cousin Jason and Emily respectively. I am really looking forward to this trip, it will be a lot of fun.

On Monday Emily and I made the most of the holiday. We started by making a giant breakfast :) There were chocolate chip pancakes, hash browns, butter milk syrup, and eggs. It was delightful. After we cleaned up the kitchen we went to Orem where we played a lot of out door games. I have to admit, Emily is getting really good at Bocce ball. She came really close to beating me, even though she has hardly ever played it.

The rest of the week was also pretty fun. Emily and I attended the CS BBQ on Wednesday, which had some really good food. After that I had Ryan’s bachelor party. That was a lot of fun to go to, getting to see all of my family and wish Ryan good luck.

On Thursday I got to spend more time with family as Jason and Alysha had a little get together. Emily’s Bocce ball skills came into use as we handily won the Bocce ball tournament. It was a lot of fun, and we even got to eat smores!

And on Saturday Ryan got married. It was a really special day. It is great to see him and Sarah together, they are such a happy couple. I went to the sealing in the afternoon and then got to chill with Drew for a few hours. Emily and I finished the night by going to the reception. At the reception they had the best chicken Alfredo I have had in my entire life. It was amazing. It was also fun to wish Ryan and Sarah good luck and see them off.

Here are some pictures from that day:

WP_000111WP_000114WP_000122WP_000123WP_000118WP_000125WP_000128WP_000129

 

Other than that this week was spent working on a paper for work. We got luck and the deadline was pushed back. That will really help us. As of right now we have a decent first draft. It still needs a lot of revision, but nearly all of the material that we will need is in there. I hope it is good enough to get published. I could really use some papers on my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment