Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another week with Emily :)

So this week I got Emily to play and beat a video game with me! Crazy, I know. The game was The Castle of Dr. Brain. It is one of those really old games from my childhood. It is all about solving brain teasers and other puzzles. It was a lot of fun working through the puzzles together. If you don’t know this game you certainly should download it and give it a play.

Another first this week was I am helping conduct a user study this week. We feel that a paper we are writing will be significantly strengthened with this study, and so I am doing it. It has been very instructive. I am learning about both the system and also how to conduct user studies in general. I am glad that I am having this experience now.

This weekend Emily and I also made cookies (pictures to come when I am home and can upload them.) We made thin mints, samoas, and cake balls. All so delicious. They were a lot of fun to make, though still time consuming. They turned out to be really tasty. We did struggle a little with the dipping step (forgot to add butter to the chocolate,) but other than that they turned out really well! It was a fun way to spend the evening.

On Saturday we had dinner at Café Pezan and then we went to the dollar movie night at BYU. They played A Goofy Movie. It was such a blast from the past. It was certainly a fun way to spend the evening.

 

WP_000110WP_000095WP_000096WP_000098WP_000100WP_000101WP_000105WP_000107

 

And those are the adventures I am up to. Sorry that everything is so terse. I should be better at writing, but I’m just not. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment