Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dark (K)night

On Monday Emily and I went and watched The Dark Knight in IMAX. It was a lot of fun! It was a really done movie, and of course watching it with Emily was great. I have gotten to the point where pretty much nothing in movies surprise  me anymore, so I enjoy watching how into movies Emily gets. It is like I get surprised almost vicariously Smile

After that we got dinner at Chipotle. I know it is fast food, but I still love going there since it is something we don’t have in Utah. We then went and tried to look at stars, but of course we live in the Pacific Northwest, and so that clouds block everything. Sad, but it was still great to get to have a date night with Emily.

 

This week has been a little sad though. Emily left for vacation with her family early (flight left at 6:30AM) Wednesday morning. I feel blessed to have the internet, and so we have been able to skype twice since she left, but it is still been hard not having her here. It was the worst yesterday, when I realized that I would have been at her house for the weekend if not for the fact that her family was on vacation.

I guess though that I need to get used to it. Emily doesn’t like to think about it, but she is about to leave for China. So for the space of about four and a half months I won’t get to be with her. True, we will still have Skype, and that is wonderful, but it is just not the same. It will be hard, but hopefully it will bring us closer together instead of driving us apart. That is my prayer and hope in the least.

 

Well, that is my short little post for this week. Sorry that nothing more blog worthy happened this week. At least I am writing again! I am going to try and start biking to work next week, so you can expect to hear how well that goes next week. Pray for me, it is a 2 hour round trip with a lot of hills. I might just die without everyone’s prayers Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment