Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week 6

Well I am now officially half way through my internship. In six more weeks I will be returning home, to almost immediately leave again, but let’s focus on the present for now. My internship is going well. My code is ready for the team demo that we are doing this next week Wednesday. It is cool to see my stuff being used by others on my team to make their project better.

This week was also the Engineering Forum and Microsoft. This event basically is a set of classes that all engineers can attend, sort of like education week, but for technology. I spent about half of each day Monday – Thursday attending these sessions. I really enjoyed them. Some of them were a little too high-level for me, and so I found them boring. There were also quite a few sessions that were very technical, and I just loved those. I got to learn a little about the new iteration of c++, multithreading in c++, and other very interesting topics.

The other exciting thing that happened this week was that somehow my PayPal account got hacked. Luckily PayPal caught the problem, and nearly all of the issues caused by it have been fixed. It was a little unnerving to wake up to such a problem Friday morning, but it is good to see that it has now been taken care of.

1 comment:

  1. We love you! We miss you, we hope you are having a great summer. :)

    ReplyDelete