Monday, February 7, 2011

After three and a half years of waiting…

Wow, this has been a busy week.  I tried to stay on top of things, but some of my lazy habits really didn’t help with that :)  It has been a really good week.  I am constantly being made jealous by those people in China.  I wish that I could be there having those adventures, but I guess I have my less cool adventures in the US.

 

Well Sunday was a pretty uneventful trip back home.  It all went rather smoothly which was rather good.  It was good to be back home and rest up. 

On Monday I finally got my information for my tax returns!  This year went the smoothest yet, I was able to get all the information I needed.  I was able to get my tax returns filed quickly, and now I just have to wait for my return to show up. Yeah!  Now I will be able to afford to survive for the rest of the semester!  I also finally have enough money to pay back flagship if I don’t return to China. (Which isn’t to say that I won’t)

 

School overall is going really well.  I am falling a little behind in CS 462, but I am getting faster in abstract algebra.  My plan is to use this week to once again get ahead in all of my classes, oh how nice that will be.

On Thursday I interviewed at Qualtrix to make Jordan Plater happy.  They have an OK company.  Some things they do rather interestingly from the development side of things, but nothing too strange for a startup.  I don’t think I would want to work there long term, but it might be an option if I choose to stay in Provo for my Masters degree.  We will just have to wait and see how that pans out.

Thursday night was eventful.  I finished up my part of a large group project earlier in the day.  At night I could see that my teammates were getting their parts done, when all of the sudden we get an e-mail from one of the team mates saying that they were dropping the class and wouldn’t be finishing their portion of the project.  Boo, no good.

Anyways, on Friday morning I finished up that persons part of the project, because I was the only person that had finished by then.  Luckily everything did end up coming together which is good.

 

Saturday was the climax of the week.  In the morning I went out with my uncle to go car shopping.  We first looked at some Honda Accords and Civics.  The Civics were a little underpowered for my tastes, but the Accord was really nice.  The center stack is messy, but other than that I like the car a lot.  We also test drove a Fusion, but it was pretty beat up.

We originally were going to test quite a few, but my uncle had a basketball game to go to at 2:00 so we headed straight to Woods Cross to check out the Fusion I wanted to see most.  When we first walk in they told us they sold it.  I nearly died when I heard that.  Luckily they were wrong about that, and the car was still on the lot, so we went and test drove it.

It was just a wonderful beauty of a car!  It was so much nicer then the other Fusion I had driven, and it was even cheaper.  In the end I decided to buy it.  There was one hidden fee that was a little nasty, but other than that buying the car went rather well.  I am now the proud owner of a 2010 Ford Fusion SE, and I must say, it is a nice car.  I really love the way that Ford has turned around in the last couple years.

So, that is what I have been waiting for for the last three and a half years.  This whole time I have been saving up and waiting.  It actually turned out to be a good thing to save and wait this long.  It has allowed me to get something really close to my dream car, and I didn’t even have to go into debt for it.  This though has made it so that I am back to being a regular poor college student.  I probably won’t be able to clime out of this whole as quickly this time, seeing as I now have car payments to make, but that is life.

 

Well that is where I am at right now.  Things are going pretty good.  Now if I could just find a girl willing to date me Winking smile  Hope everything is going well for all of my friends in China.  Who knows, before too long I might be joining you all again.  I am starting to work with Jian Laoshi to get that all set up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment