Monday, February 21, 2011

我靠!

That is exactly what this weekend felt like.  One thing after another.

 

The week did start out well.  On Sunday I was able to go over and see my little nephew Kashe.  He is so cute, even when he spit up most of his bottle all over me :)

Then there was valentines day, which was a wonderful reminder of just how single I am, and how that seems likely never to change… sigh…  I did get a crazy amount of work done at the office though.  In just three days I worked 20 hours, and was able to make real progress on the implementation of our system.

When I got home I saw the aftermath of Valentines dinner here.  I unloaded the dish washer, and then to keep my angel of an aunt from having to wash dishes when she got home from a wonderful valentine excursion I set to washing all of the dishes by hand.  It took me over and hour, but I enjoyed doing it.  It was great to see how happy she was when she walked in and saw she wouldn’t have to do dishes.

 

Tuesday was also a good day in that I got to see one of my friends I haven’t see in nearly two years.  She went off on her mission when I was still in Washington for an internship, and got back when I was still in China.  I have loved being able to see all of my friends back in the US.

 

Not too much happened on Thursday, but the real “fun” started on Friday.  When I got home I saw that my phone and license plates had arrived.  I was so happy, everything looked to be going awesome.  Unfortunately when I opened up my registration on my car, I see that they had registered it as a rebuilt car, which it isn’t.  I got way to over-worked about the whole thing, and was kind of miserable because of it.

I do love my phone, but getting it all setup was a pain in the but.  It runs everything through a windows live account, the problem was that I have my most important information split between two windows live accounts, so I had problems with getting everything worked out.  After about 2 hours Friday and Saturday I had everything working, but that just felt like four wasted hours.

Sunday had its own adventure with me trying to make carrot cake with limited supplies.  It actually turned out ok for being so rigged together.  We didn’t have carrots, so instead I had to use freeze dried carrots.  We didn’t have enough cream cheese.  I forgot to re-hydrate the carrots.  The cake needed 45 minutes to cook.  You name it, it seem to go wrong.  The cake actually turned out decent, which is just a miracle.

Then on Monday (today) I go to drive to school and do homework.  I get to school just to find the building I needed locked up.  I had meant to get after hours codes from my professor, but never got around to it.  On top of that at the same time I got the e-mail from Cornell letting me know I didn’t make it into their grad program.

 

See, just one thing after another.  Who knows, maybe the sky will fall on me tomorrow Winking smile  Ok, I know things really are not that bad, it was just a little much this weekend.  Didn’t help that I saw pictures from Harbin, and once again sad that I didn’t stay in China.  Oh silly Scott.

 

I hope that I took all of the bad luck this weekend, and that the rest of you had amazing weekends.

2 comments:

  1. That actually sounded like a great weekend! It was good to see you. Sorry about Cornell. You must not have been meant to go there. There is a bigger plan...and you will be guided along the right path. Love you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete