Sunday, March 6, 2011

Two good weeks

Well, I guess I forgot to write my blog last week.  I have been updating a bunch of my programs I use for e-mail and contacts so that they will sync with my new phone, and somewhere amidst all of that I accidently lost the outlook task that told me to write my blog.  Without those I can’t remember anything for more than five seconds. :)

 

I was offered a job by Qualtrix two weeks ago.  After hearing how much Jordan Plater talked it up, I was quite surprised by the low offer they gave me.  Most likely I will not take it, but maybe I will make a counter offer, though it is doubtful they would be willing to accept a counter offer that is about twice what they offered me.

On Thursday I had some really sweet curry.  Cameron, a family friend who is leaving to enter the coast guard, came over and made some curry.  I guess it is in the Japanese style, but whatever it was it was really good.  I certainly have missed by Asian foods since coming back to the “land of butter”, so it was good to get some.  It was also really fun to spend the evening with a bunch of my family and friends.

I had more Asian food when I went with another one of my friends, Naomi, to eat some Chinese hotpot.  It was really good food.  There broth tastes amazing after you have cooked all of the foods in it.  My favorite part is drinking the soup at the end.  The meats were also all really good.  I really do miss hot pot, it is so good.  What I miss most is the individual hotpots they had in China.  Those were just amazing.  It was also fun to spend some time with a friend that I have not seen in two years.

On Friday I helped Jared beat the entire set list of country music for the country track pack on Rock Band.  Is there anything better then an afternoon sitting around listening to country music?  Certainly, but not too many things are.

 

This last Sunday we had my cousin Ashlyn’s birthday party.  Once again it was great seeing all of my family.  That is really what I missed the most being in China.  It is great being so near to my family, and being able to see them.  I also got to play a new game called Spot It.  It really is a lot of fun.  I will just have to make sure to never play it with Brandon Carroll, or he will kill me in it just like he does with set.

This week was one of the most productive weeks I have had at work.  In just this week along, I finished up the main projects I was working on, wrote two new servers, and started writing a new mail client for our code-base.  So in these last two weeks I updated years worth of code, it feels rather good.

Wednesday was a sad day though.  I have really gotten into BYU basketball.  I have to admit that I was worried what not having Brandon Davies would do to us on our game this Wednesday, but I didn’t imagine it would go as bad as it did.  We were killed by New Mexico.  What worries me about this the most is that New Mexico has now kicked our buts twice in a row, and I am afraid another team in the tournament will see how they played against us, and use that style to also kick our butts.  I think BYU’s team is still really good, I am just not sure if we will be able to do as well as we have in the rest of the season.  Sad day :(

On Saturday I went to Zuppas for the first time.  I was actually really interested to see what the food would be like, since I know it is my cousin’s favorite place to eat.  It was actually pretty darn good.  At the prices they have I might just have to go more often.  It was crazy packed at the store though, since they were giving out free desserts that night.

I also decided to be silly and get the chocolate fondue for myself.  It was sooooo good.  It was a little expensive, and I thought dipping brownies in chocolate was a little excessive, but it was delightful.  I am going to have to buy myself a fondue pot and due chocolate fondue soon.  Well, maybe not soon, but rather when I finally have discretionary funds again.

 

So, overall two really good weeks.  I will be going up to the cabin next weekend, and I am really looking forward to that.  Maybe I will even take my camera so I can get some pictures.  Until then, I hope all of you are well.  I can tell that my friends in China are still having sweet adventures.  Thanks guys for keeping me jealous of not being in China ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment