Monday, March 21, 2011

Fun times

The week started out with my back just killing me.  Apperantly sleep was not the things to help the little back discomfort I felt after our cabin trip.  I must have hurt something snowmobiling.  Sitting down became a 10 minute process of easing into a chair without dying from pain.  And for any of you that know how high my pain threshold is, you can just image how bad this was.

Wednesday was much of the same stuff.  I was just in crazy amounts of pain.  Apparently the pain also makes me stupid, as I forgot that I even had class in the afternoon.  Hard to get more air-headish then that.

The one good thing was that even though my back was killing me I was able to stay pretty focused on my school work.  I was actually able to get completely caught up in my course work.  Yah!

 

Thursday and Friday were pretty normal days.  Luckily on Thursday my back pain was starting to go down.  By then I had probably popped 20 vertebrae back in to place.  On Friday the back pain was nearly completely gone, and I danced around in joy, and promptly hurt myself again!  Ok, that was facetious, I didn’t really hurt myself.

 

Saturday, now Saturday that was a good day.  In the morning I presented research that I have been doing.  I was able to express myself rather well.  I even had one of the professors who was judging tell me he thought that my presentation was the best of the session.  I also had my professor talk about me doing some stuff to help write a paper.  This would probably be the first paper that I will get my name on.  Wish me the best of luck.

In the afternoon I tried doing some planning for the coming months.  I am thinking that I will actually not be going back to China this summer.  The reason is that I still have not found an internship, and I am not willing to wait until the last second to find one.  I have applied to several, and if they work out, then I will go through with it, otherwise I will put it off to next semester, when I am a better candidate for internships anyways.

If I do stay here, I will probably move my entrance date for Grad school up to spring/summer.  It is looking more like I will go to BYU.  I am really interested in the research I am doing, and Rochester lacks a security program.  We will see how it turns out, but this is probably for the best.  I can use my time at BYU to determine the area I want to continue researching for my Ph.D., and hopefully become more appealing to those programs.

I am also probably going to move back into the FLSR.  I really enjoyed my time there, and I still have a bunch of my friends there.  We will just have to see how things fallout.  Hopefully it all works out.

 

That night I got to watch the BYU vs. Gonzaga game.  It was really fun to watch.  BYU really played great defense, and shot wonderfully.  If we can continue to play like that I think there is a really good chance we make it into the Elite Eight and then the Final Four.  I am really hoping for this, as it would be great to see BYU’s current team make school history.

After the game I just chilled with the guys in the Russian house.  Sean suggested the craziest thing I have ever heard.  He wants me to learn the guitar, and then start a band with him, Jordan, and Pasha.  OMG, I actually think I might do it.  I am starting to think I will take two years to finish my master’s degree, which means I will have more free time, and this would certainly be something fun to do.

Maybe our band could be an opening act for the great band LCD Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment