Monday, April 18, 2011

Let the good times keep rolling

Things have continued to be good around here.  I was a little saddened when I saw pictures of how beautiful Hangzhou was.  I sure wish that I had the money to fly there when this semester was over and visit Drew and Cassi.  That would be the perfect end to this semester, but sigh… that probably won’t happen.

Monday and Tuesday were just normal days.  Productive, which was really good.  On Wednesday I finally finished passing off my CS 340 course work.  I am so grateful to be done with that class.  It was like taking remedial math, or something that I have been doing for years, which in this case I had :) 

On Wednesday night we had my last period of Chin 495.  We had it at the teachers house, and he made beef noodle soup for us.  It wasn’t quite as good as it is in China, but oh my goodness it was the best Chinese food I have had since coming back home.  I really do miss Chinese food, even the so-so food that classifies Nanjing.  I should find out how to get an internship in Taibei, Shanghai, or Beijing were I love the food…

 

After that Chinese high I had a really huge Chinese low.  I took the Writing Proficiency Test (WPT) on Thursday morning, and it absolutely killed me.  I just could not remember how to write enough characters to do a good job.  The worse part was that for the next several days I would remember suddenly how to write a character I had forgotten on the test.  It is most stressful because during my time in China I got rather good at writing Chinese Pros, but now I look like and idiot, all because I don’t know how to write the characters by hand, it is so frustrating!!!

Thursday night I went on a man date with my cousin, and we went to see “Unknown”.  Don’t make the same mistake!  For the first hour plus I was on my edge of my seat, and then in the last 30 minutes the directors manage to ruin the whole movie by turning it into a Jason Bourne want to be.  It was so frustrating!

 

On Friday me and my cousin went crazy with cooking.  For lunch we made ourselves some Asian barbequed chicken with grilled asparagus.  Just a little light something.  Dinner was the real treat.  We made buttermilk pancakes and syrup from scratch.  To go with that we made orange juice, hash browns and sausage, topped off with a side of fruit.  It was just heavenly.  And then we made a German chocolate cake for my uncles birthday that night.  Oh, it was great just to be domestic.  I love all of it, including the cleaning afterwards!

 

Saturday was the wonderful conclusion to my week.  In the morning I went to the temple with my cousin.  We then checked out the 24 hour fitness where he is a member.  I think I will join so that I can work out with over the summer.  I can get a 2 year membership for 300 dollars at Costco, which is a pretty good price for a membership.  And unlike BYU it would mean I could use the swimming pool at times that match my schedule.

At night we watched 剑雨(Reign of Assassins).  It is a great movie and we loved it.  The subtitles were a little fast, but we got used to it (well, I just listened to the Mandarin), and then we had a killer time.

 

Well, that was my great week.  Hopefully graduation week goes as smoothly.  It probably won’t, but I can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment