Sunday, April 24, 2011

Graduated!!!

Woo-hoo, I am a BYU graduate.  Doesn’t feel much different, but I am really excited to be in graduate school.  I am also really excited to be back in the FLSR.  On Sunday I went back to there for the first time just for church.  Apparently the tardiness problem is still in full effect, but I am still really excited to be back there.

On Sunday I also saw Tangled for the first time.  I really like that movie.  I have got to find a girl like the one in Tangled, she absolutely rocked.  She knew what she want, and besides a little waffling at the beginning went and took it.  Besides she kicked peoples butts with a fry pan, and that was just awesome :)

Also on Sunday we played a game where it tested your survival knowledge, and I am happy to announce that years of reading fantasy and playing video games I was the one that best new how to survive in worst case scenarios.  Guess it shows you that playing video games has some use ;)

 

Monday to Wednesday I finished taking care of my finals.  None of them were really terrible, though I did very poorly on my math final’s multiple choice section.  I really do hope I get an A in that class.  If I can get all As this semester then I will graduate cum laude, which would be just awesome.

 

Thursday was the start of the various graduation activities.  I had commencement on Thursday.  I was able to sit with my cousin which made it more bearable.  Elder Scott did give a good commencement talk.

Afterwards my Grandma took all of us graduates out to dinner.  There are six of us total graduating, me, my mom, my sister, my cousins Ryan and Jason, and Jason’s wife Alysha.  It was fun all going to dinner with Grandma.  After dinner there was a little dancing, and I even danced a little with my grandma, it was a great night.

 

Friday I had to wake up really early for commencement, it started at 8:00AM.  It felt like I sat forever, but it was nice that my family could come and see me.  After that we had refreshments, and then I got to run a friend to SLC.  I then had to hurry back to the Marriot so that I could walk again with my mom in the Humanities convocation.  I barely made it back in time, I was lucky to find parking and everything.

In the end I did make it back in time, and got to sit through another convocation!  Oh joy is me!  At least it was nice for my mom to walk with me.  After that was done we took some pictures, and then we went in again for Alysha’s convocation.  The speaker at this convocation was probably the best of the bunch.

After the 7 total hours of convocation, I finally went home.  While there I got to play with my little first cousin once removed Jackson.  He is so cute, and it was fun playing him.  After that me and Ryan played some Portal 2, one of the best games to come out recently!

 

Well, being graduated, I did the only one sensible thing, I moved!  I spent all afternoon Saturday moving my stuff in the FLSR.  Crystal, the hall advisor let me check in early, and so I was able to get all my stuff in the house.  It did rain during the middle, and my stuff did get wet, but other than that things were fine.  I still need to unpack though, since I only moved my stuff in.

After moving I went home and attended a graduation party my uncle was throwing for all of our graduates.  He had the house decorated in BYU blue and and white.  We had great food and all the family came over.  I enjoyed all of the time that we could spend together.  I sure am happy that I can stay with my family for my masters degree.  It really is great.

 

And that was my week.  A great week that culminated in graduation.  It was wonderful.  So wonderful I think that I will do it two more times! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment