Sunday, May 22, 2011

Busy enjoying life! Pt. 1

Wow, two weeks have gone by since I last wrote my blog.  That seems like forever.  A lot happens in that time, especially when I look at what my friends in China post about their adventures in China.  It is funny to see them all anxious to come home, and me just wishing I was there with them all enjoying it.  Sigh… I guess I will just have to try extra hard to get an internship there next summer.

 

Mother’s day was a good day.  In the morning I was able to give a talk about mothers, which made me really happy.  I love the subject, and I love that I get to shout from the roofs just how important they are :)  In the afternoon we had a Mother’s day celebration at my older sisters house, and I was able to thank my mom for all she did.  It was also fun to help out the mom that was my sister by holding Kashe for about 2 hours to keep him from crying.  He is so cute though, so you don’t really mind holding him :)

 

On Monday in the lab we got a new toy.  I was able to convince Dr. Seamons to buy our lab a new 1080p projector, and spent most of Monday playing with it.  I really just love toys :)

Even with those distractions things at work have been going really well.  We have been getting all of our work done.  We even met the deadlines we set, which is a real surprise because we set them almost at random.  It is going so well our professor has decided that this next Friday will be a Wii and Curry party to celebrate.  I really love my job!

Other than that most of my life these days has consisted with just hanging out with Ryan and my friends, and trying to meet new people in the ward.  I am doing my best not to be introverted, and to spend as much as my time with other people.  It has actually gone really well.  It means I hardly have time to read or play video games, but there are worse things in life :)  It is actually cool that I know the names of nearly everyone in the ward.  While it is true the ward is only a 1/3 of its normal side, it still makes me happy.

On Friday I went Salsa dancing for the first time.  It was a bit hard for me, because the instruction was done the best, and I need to really understand the basics for me to enjoy the dance, but still it was a lot of fun to go out with everyone.

Saturday saw me helping Ryan start doing some work on a tuning app that we want to write.  I feel bad that I haven’t been able to give him more of my time, but still we made some good progress on Saturday.  We got our computers all setup to develop for android, and manage to put the projector at my office to some good use in the meantime. ( I will let you figure out what I mean by that. )

After that we went back up to Orem and made some Key Lime pie.  It actually turned out really good.  We then took the pie out the FLSR and had a movie night where we watched Castaway together.  We managed to convince the French house to come over, and so I finally got to meet that house, which was a lot of fun.

 

This post got long, so I will continue this weeks accounts in the next post.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Scott, for your nice comments. I enjoyed Mother's Day at Crystal's with everyone. I'm glad you are still cooking and playing with your toys. Grandpa Darling was a project person, so you two have something else in common. (Photography was the other thing, particularly all the close-ups of flowers). I am happy that you are back at the FLSR and going great guns at your job. Remember-- graduate school will not be like this summer, so be sure to do all the fun things you want to now.

    ReplyDelete