Sunday, December 9, 2012

Anniversary

This Saturday was the one year anniversary of Emily and I beginning to date. It is too bad that we are so far apart. Still, we had fun. I sent her a fudge cake (something unheard of in China) with “Happy Anniversary” printed on it. Then Emily cut and ate it while we talked on Skype. Her roommates were there and took pictures of my and her together, and even some of me pretending to eat cake over Skype. It was really silly. Still, it was a lot of fun. It has been a good year together!

I also interviewed with Google this week. Last week I passed the technical interviews, and now they are trying to find a team that matches my interests for a summer internship. I talked to two different teams this week and things certainly seemed to go well. Hopefully I can get the one I want, but we will see :)

Other than that I have just been writing. We are currently preparing a NSF proposal. It would be so wonderful if we got it. It would help me fund all my work and equipment over the next 3 years. It would probably even allow me to get paid more than I do now. Besides, NSF grants look great on a curriculum vitae. So hope with me that I will get it. If not, it was still nice to really plan out and describe the work I am interested in doing. It will help me write my dissertation proposal next year.

And that is my life. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment