Sunday, December 2, 2012

Funding Proposal

Well, not much has happened this week, so I thought I would just copy the post I wrote into another one of my blogs: So this last week I have been working on writing up a funding proposal for a NSF grant. It has been different. I have never needed to do something like this. It has been really hard, and at times I worry I could never do well enough. Still, I keep pushing through. If we got this grant it would pay for all of my schooling, computer equipment, and hopefully get me a larger salary. Right now I make just enough to get by on. It would be nice to make a little more, so that when the time comes I could support a wife, and that I could put a little into savings every month. And that is pretty much all that happened. Oh yeah, I also build a new file server this week. I am having some problems with its raid drivers, but other than that everything is good. It has 9TB of space, and so I plan to put backups of all my files, as well as all my DVDs and Blue-Ray discs on it. So, it was fun setting that up. I also transfered the hard drive from my old XBox to the new one I was given this summer. Now I can play around with the connect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment