Sunday, June 28, 2009

Party in Tacoma

Another week has gone by and I am still alive. It was touch and go for a little bit, but I survived. SharePoint server has consistently dominated me. I still don’t have it up and running. I am just about ready to give up. Hopefully I can finish solving it this week. Luckily I have been finished with my commitments since week 5, so technically I don’t have to finish anything else to have a successful internship, but that wouldn’t be any fun J

Work is really exciting overall. It is about the only thing that could compete with graduate school for my interest. I am glad that decision is still about two years away. I just wish there was some way I could do both. I will just have to excel this year and next year at my internships and pray that I do so well they can’t resist giving me such an offer. It is very unlikely, but there is an outside chance I can convince them to do it.

This weekend we had the Washington YSA conference. It has been just a blast. I have enjoyed this time greatly. On Friday there was a bunch of games and then we saw some YSA produced shorts. It was a lot of fun. Kirby and Corben (LDS movie people) came and played for us as well. It was good fun.

On Saturday we had some good time listening to several talks, as well as doing a little West Coast Swing dancing. I really enjoyed myself. In the evening we did some boating and ate a really good fish and chips restaurant.

Lastly, an event which I just got back from, we went and listen to Lavelle Edwards speak. It was a nice fireside. He talked about the importance of really knowing ourselves. I just wished he had talked a little more about football ;) Oh well.

I hope all of you are having a blast this summer just like me!

1 comment:

  1. I am not having a blast, but I am learning a lot. I never quite feel like I'm in the running. My Spanish teaching class is all about technology. I know oh so little, but I am going to figure things out. One of the IT teachers from back in the fall wanted to know if I was going to take classes again. The IT people have always been really friendly and helpful.

    ReplyDelete