Sunday, June 14, 2009

Well this was certainly a good week. I made really good progress on my project. I went from being 5 weeks a head of schedule to being two weeks behind schedule :) Oh well, maybe in the future I won't decide to throw away what I had done and start from scratch. Either way my boss has been happy with my work. He wanted to offer me a job starting next summer, but because of my time in China it will just be another internship. I still have to check with the flagship program if it something that I can do, but I hope that I will be able to.

I got a 3 and a half day vacation this week because of office moves. Come Monday I will have a huge office all to myself. I am really excited about this. It was also nice to have the additional time off. That Friday morning I went with my friends to breakfast to celebrate their birthdays and was introduced to how wonderful the Microsoft prime card was. We were able to get 2 for 1 on our food, essentially cutting the price of the dishes in half. It made what would have otherwise been an expensive meal a very well priced meal. It is really an awesome perk for working at MS.

Saturday we had a wonderful opportunity to go as a ward family and serve the grandparents of one of the ward members. We did all of the yard work for her, and then we helped her plant a garden. It was so much fun, and it was wonderful to be able to help someone that needed it. I really should spend more time doing stuff like this in the future. So Ryan, if you ever want help getting service projects together you have got my full support.

This Sunday I was also given a calling. I am... ummhh... how to put this... the acting Sunday school president. Yea, kinda weird. The deal is the ward already has a Sunday school president, but he is gone from the ward. The ward doesn't want to release him because then they would have to re-call him once I left. Officially I will be getting called as the first councilor, but I will have the responsibilities of the president. Hopefully I can make a good impact on the ward in the six weeks I have left. Pray for me!

2 comments:

  1. Sunday School, huh? That should be interesting. Teaching the doctrine is such an important thing that if there are ways to improve it, go for it. Giving teachers support is very valuable because sometimes they feel so out of their league. We all need encouragement, from the least to the greater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, you probably thought I would never read these huh! Well ha! I have. I don't know if Ryan has but I know he would be up for my service projects if you suggested it.

    ReplyDelete