Sunday, May 30, 2010

Enchanting China

Once again the week was just a pretty normal week. Working out every day still takes a lot out of me, but overall it is a lot of fun. Work is going really well. My project is not the greatest interest to me, but it is work so I will still have to keep trucking. All in all I think it is good for helping me to decide what to do after I get back to China.

This weekend I went out to watch a performance called Enchanting China. It was to celebrate the World’s Fair and the Asia games, both of which are taking place in Chinese cities. There were several dance numbers, several drum segments. There was also a bunch of instrumental numbers.

The coolest part was at the end when Seattle’s Chinese Orchestra played. This orchestra was made up of about eighty percent Chinese instruments. It had a very large and very amazing sound. I had never heard anything like it. I really enjoyed it and managed to fill up my Camera that night. It is amazing how fast 720p video eats up even my 4GB memory card.

That performance definitely reignited my excitement for China. I can’t wait to go there in August.

















No comments:

Post a Comment