Sunday, May 9, 2010

Microsoft - Week 1

I have made it through a week of my internship :) So far it has actually been pretty easy. This week I just went about setting myself up at work. Everything actually went very smoothly. I am still working in the SharePoint BI group, but I am under a different team lead. My old lead is actually leaving to BeiJing shortly to begin working there. Maybe I will look him up for an internship while I am in China. The shakeup is happening because the new version of office just RTMed, and now everybody has a chance to move around in office before we begin the next version of office in earnest. Because of this it looks like I will be doing prototyping work while I am here.

So this Wednesday was my birthday. It was good to hear from several friends for my birthday. I ate lunch with several of my friends here to celebrate. That night there was also an intern event. We had pizza and then went bowling. It was a great coincidence, and gave me something fun to do for my birthday.

The only other interesting thing this week was my workout schedule. So far I am doing 3 days a week of cardio, and three days a week of strength training. Currently my shoulders and arms still kill from Friday’s upper body strength workout. I won’t work out arms again till next Wednesday, so lets hope that I will feel better by then. Working out sure does make me tired though, but other than that it is a lot of fun.

Till next week…

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love working out. I love that sore feeling. I haven't been to the gym in about a month but I have been playing a lot of tennis. My elbow hurts a little, but that has gotten better.

    ReplyDelete