Monday, January 16, 2012

A blog post!

Look, I am actually posting pretty much when I am supposed to be posting. It is a miracle ;)

This week was the first full week of class, and it has been good. All of my teachers have told me they don’t really want to have to deal with grade, and as long as we just do the work well they will give us all A’s. It sure takes of a lot of pressure with classes. I am also loving the work. I am starting to really enjoy reading and writing about research. I am still not up to the level I need to be, but I am getting there :)

Most of the week was just normal FLSR life. We did have some really amazing food though. Song cooked twice during the week, and I have to say it turned out rather yummy. He is a really good cook. We also had Serena cook an amazing meal this Sunday. She is just an amazing cook, one of the best I have ever met. Her ability to cook Chinese good is just great. At the end of that dinner we also had homemade ice cream cake to celebrate Serena’s birthday. It was glorious!

 

As for Adventures, this Friday several of us went out to eat at Sichuan Garden. It is this fabulous Chinese place out in Sandy. It has the most authentic Chinese food that I have eaten in Utah. I am just in love with it. It was so much fun, though I did eat a bit too much.

After that I went with Emily to a Friday the 13th party. It was fun. I won a game of spoons, which was a real turnaround since last time we played I lost in the first round both times. We also played Mafia, and I got to be the narrator. The second game I used my silly Russian accent to make it even more interesting. It was so much fun :)

After that Emily and I drove up the canyon to look at the stars. She loves to look at the stars, and this was the one place we could go that there wouldn’t be any light pollution. It was freezing and the wind was blowing like no tomorrow, but it was still really fun. We didn’t stay long, but it was worth the drive :)

On Saturday we had more adventures, but this time with the Russian house. We got together with them at night to watch the last Harry Potter movie. It was really fun to hang out with everyone. After that we played Rock Band together. I even got Emily to try playing the guitar, which was really surprising considering how much she seemed to not want to. We’ll have to do it sometime. Either that or go to Drew and Cassi’s house and play Rock Band with them ;)

The week ended with a wonderful Sunday. At first it was really busy as I tried to get the last details about home teaching finished, but then Emily and I went up to Crystal’s (my older sister) for my nephew’s birthday party. It was so much fun. I love seeing my nephews. He was so cute as he would try his best to walk around the house and then fall after a few steps. It was just the cutest thing you had ever seen.

It was also really great when we got to the cake. He decided that playing with the cake was more fun then eating the cake, so he decided to smear it around everywhere. It was hilarious to watch. After, when the kids went to sleep, we all watched Cars 2, and I must say that I really enjoyed the movie.

 

So that is what has been happening in my life. It has been great since school started back up. I wonder how life is for all those that are now out of school. It seems like all my good friends have stopped blogging, and that makes me really sad :( Here’s hoping that all of you will start blogging again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment