Monday, January 23, 2012

Emily’s Birthday

So this week was a really good week. It started with an excellent day of no school. Emily and I made banana pancakes for breakfast, and while they tasted quite good, they were a little doughy. Still it was a lot of fun. We also tried making sugar cookies, but they got a little burned. So, not the best day for cooking, but it was still really great.

The sad part of that day was saying Goodbye to Karin. She was a member of the girls Chinese house and she is now going off to China. We will certainly miss her. She was one of the more confident speakers in the Chinese house and it will be a real loss without her. Hopefully all goes well for her in China!

 

On Thursday we went to the basketball game. Unfortunately we had to watch our team losing. Never a lot of fun. It seems like we have a lot of potential, but unfortunately we are just not living up to that potential. We get sloppy when we need good execution the most.

After the game I took Emily up to my uncle’s house and we watch Tangled. It was a lot of fun, and certainly made up for the lackluster game. It really is a great movie. We ended the day by going to YogurtLand. I am really liking that place way too much. I need to avoid there before I eat all of the frozen yogurt :)

 

The real big event this week though was Emily’s birthday. This Sunday, the 22nd, she turned 20. She was really excited to no longer be a “teenager”. It is funny to me that she though of her self that way, especially since she is much less a “teenager” then many girls I know that are well in into their twenties. Anyways, on Friday Emily had a Freshman year roommates party, so I took that time to go prepare some stuff for her birthday. Specifically, most of the time was spent baking 2 cheesecakes for her birthday. It was my first time ever making Cheesecake, but it turned out really well! I was so excited about it, especially since this is Emily’s favorite type of cake.

Anyways we started celebrating Emily’s birthday on Saturday, because it is hard to do too much on Sunday. So in the morning I made her breakfast. It consisted of Chocolate pancakes, eggs with cheddar cheese, orange juice, and milk. She really loved it. I picked those since in the past she had mentioned she loved it when her parents made her those dishes for breakfast.

After breakfast we went to the temple together to do baptisms. It was a really good time. It is crazy how busy the Provo temple is. It takes us around two and a half hours to finish baptisms and confirmations. Its okay though, since it was just nice to sit with her that whole time :)

For dinner that night I took her out to P.F. Chang’s. We got shrimp with candied walnuts, beef and broccoli, lettuce wraps, and green beans. It all tasted so wonderful. She was so happy with going there, as she really loves the restaurant. It was a wonderful time. After we were done eating, we just walked around University Mall together and talked. :)

After that, we went back to her place to get things setup for her party. She was having a bunch of friends over to celebrate her birthday, so we made food and got everything ready. When the friends arrived we played games, talked, “danced”, and just generally had a lot of fun. It was great to see Emily enjoying herself so much. I stayed till 12 to wish her happy birthday on her actual birthday, and then went home.

On Sunday, her actual birthday, during FLSR dinner, I brought out the strawberry cheesecake and some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and got everyone to sing happy birthday to her. I was so glad that she loved the cheesecake I made. She says it was the best she has ever had, but she is probably just being a little biased ;)

After dinner, we went up to Orem and watched Princess Bride together, one of her favorite movies of all time. We then just spent the rest of that evening together talking and having fun (and eating even more cheesecake). It was just wonderful getting to spend her birthday with her, and help make it so memorable for her.

 

Well, that was what I have been up to this week. Life is going really well, classes are good. I do need to do a little better at working efficiently during work, but other than that I couldn’t ask for anything more!

P.S. I do have pictures of the cheesecake, but they are not on this computer, so hopefully I remember to update this post with the pictures when I am next around to my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment