Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Holiday

The last three weeks have been really good. Christmas break was wonderful, and it was good to have a break for school. It is going to be crazy when I actually have a job and don’t get a 2 1/2 week break at the end of every year.

So lets thing, what adventures did I have? On the first Monday of the break (Dec 19) Emily and I made gingerbread houses. It was the first time I have ever made them from scratch. Lets just say… I didn’t quite get the thickness of the walls completely corrects =p I tried really hard, but it wasn’t right and caused some structural problems :)

WP_000126WP_000131WP_000133WP_000135WP_000136

 

As you can see things started out rather well, and then quickly died as we put the finishing touches on the house. Oh well, it was still a lot of fun. We didn’t actually get to eat any as my ravenous family finished it off quickly the next day. Next time will have to do a better job :)

 

Another adventure was going to YogurtLand for my first time ever. I know I have had friends telling me forever how wonderful frozen yogurt was, and I have to admit I have always been skeptical. Yes, I know that it taste great, but people always seemed to overdo it in their praise of various frozen yogurt spots. Well, now I am one of those people :) YogurtLand had great yogurt, but even more importantly had great fruit. It was just amazing. I hadn’t had Dragon Eyes in forever, and it was just delightful.

 

Christmas itself was a great time. We all were at my older sister’s house and had Christmas. As always their were the fun antics of having Christmas with my family :) You know.

Much of the rest of the break was spent reading books (something I kept myself from doing during school), playing Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 (beat both), watching Arrested Development (all three seasons) and baking. All of that was just to keep me busy and not lonely. Emily was gone and the Whitings also headed up to their cabin this week. So me and Chris spent a lot of time together, and I did the above activities. I must say that the baking went especially well. I made some spice cake cake balls that were to die for. I am really proud of myself.

Another highlight of that period was the BYU football game. For all of those that watched it you know how heart racing it was. It is crazy that we won it within the last minute. It was so awesome. For those of you that aren’t sports fans, you should starting being one, watching your team score in the last couple seconds is legen-dairy! (I wonder how many people will figure out what this is a reference too?)

 

And then we had last week, which was all about getting ready for the start of school. On Monday I decided to get me and my car ready. First I went and got a haircut at Aveda. I love that place. For 5 dollars I get a neck massage, hair wash, hair cut, and a hot towel facial. It may take upwards of an hour, but it is certainly worth it. I also cleaned and vacuumed my car. It is shining once again! :)

Monday night Song had made everyone beef soup. It was really good, but he felt that we all needed huge bowls so we used pots instead of bowls. It was hilarious :)

WP_000139WP_000140WP_000141

 

On Tuesday Emily came back to school :) We spent the day running errands together to get ready for school. For dinner we had another Chinese meal. It was delicious. I just wish every meal for the rest of the semester would be this good, unfortunately it probably won’t :(

That week was also good because I saw Drew. It was his birthday this last Friday. He came down on Saturday to see all of us. We went to the temple together, and then He, Cassi, Emily, Pasha, and I all went to get Korean food together. It was actually really good. I don’t care for a lot of Korean dishes, but I actually enjoyed most of what we ate, and even if I had been eating garbage it would have been worth it to see Cassi and Drew. I really miss having them around in Provo.

 

Well, that is what has happened in the last three weeks. Sorry everyone had to wait so long for an update again. I am really trying to do better at getting out a weekly blog again. Hopefully in the future things will come out sooner. Anyways, I hope that everyone is having a great new year!

2 comments:

  1. I love Uncharted! I want to play the third one. My sister and brother-in-law raved about it. What's the Legen-dairy reference from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The legen-dairy reference is to "How I Met Your Mother", Emily introduced me to it and we watch it together every now and then.

    ReplyDelete