Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Break


This has been a great last two weeks. There has been quite a bit that has happened. I will try to get it all down.

A week ago was Christmas week. On Monday I went to Salt Lake to spend Christmas Eve with my father. He, Chris, and I went out to dinner at Red Robin. It was really good, but I ate way too much (a habit that has persisted for these last two weeks :/ ) We then went and watched Frankenweenie. I know, wrong holiday, but it was still a lot of fun. It was good to be able to spend the day with my dad.
For Christmas I went to Bart and Crystal’s for the day. It was really good to see them and the boys had gotten an inflatable jumping castle. They had so much fun with it. It was cute to see how much they were enjoying Christmas. That was probably the best part of the day.

We also had a really good dinner. Then there were presents, and I got some really nice gifts from my family, especially Crystal :) To end the night we all watched The Bourne Legacy, because it is about as Christmas as it comes ;)
Wednesday was another good day. Ryan and Chris came over and we setup all three of my computers to play some Torchlight II. It was just an awesome time. It was like the old days, having LAN parties, especially the part where it took us forever to get things actually working! The only sad part was that Jason wasn’t able to make it with us.

He made up for that on Thursday by coming over to play Madden ‘13 with everyone. It was a fun time. I also sent that day getting ready to head to see Emily in Washington. I left my house at 5:45 AM on Friday to catch a flight to go see her. It was really good to see her. It was hard being apart for fourth months, but it just felt so natural and right to be back with her.

It was a little strange being in Washington though. There was no snow! I just seemed so weird after the beautiful white Christmas we had had in Utah. I got to say hi to Emily and her family. We looked at her pictures from China. We then went out and got some Thai food, followed by a trip to Zoo Lights! I have actually never been to Zoo Lights anywhere, and so it was great to get to do that with Emily!
On Saturday the great adventure was throwing a surprise party for Emily’s mother. She was turning 50 and so Emily and her dad wanted to throw her a surprise party. It involved me and Emily in the kitchen for three hours, but it all worked out. Her mom was really surprised and it was just a great party. I was glad that I could help Emily with it!

On Monday Emily and I decided that we would spend New Year’s Even up in Seattle. We started by watching The Hobbit and the Pacific Science Center’s IMAX theater. It was really fun, even if it was a little long. We then walked around the area for a little. Eventually we hit up the YSA dance in the area. We finished the night by watching fireworks about the space needle. I guess that wasn’t really the end of the night since it took us almost 3 hours to get home. It was ridiculous! Oh well :)

On Tuesday Emily and I spent the day with her little brother and sister. Her parents and older brother were away skiing. Still, it was a lot of fun. We made German pancakes for breakfast. Then there was a bike ride. Emily’s sister then went to a friend’s house, and we spent the rest of the afternoon making snowflakes with Emily’s little brother. He really fell in love with making them. I think the next time I go to Emily’s house I will find all their walls covered with snow flakes!

At night Emily’s parents took everyone out to dinner. We went to this really good Mexican restaurant. It was crazy how much food they gave us. It was probably the biggest burrito I have ever eaten! Still it was really good. We’ll certainly have to go again. We then finished the night by watching You’ve Got Mail. Got to love the chick flicks! (I do.)

On Wednesday Emily and I got to go out on the ocean on one of her friends boats. It was a fun little cruise around the bay. It was a lot of fun. After that Emily and I went to Tacoma and had fun playing around in various stores. I then had to head back to Salt Lake, which was really sad…

The rest of the weekend was spent moving into my new apartment and helping Emily move in as well. We are staying at the Elm apartments. They are pretty nice apartments. The only problem is that parking is terrible. On Sunday, after dinner with the Whitings, we spent about half an hour finding a parking space, which still ended up being ½ a mile from my house. Ridiculous!

So that is what I have been up to. It has been wonderful having Emily back. Everything is just better now. I hope that everyone else also had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment